It’s all about adding the fuel in the tank to keep the Dev team moving forwards. Consistently topped up and with well managed workloads.
We have successfully implemented an Agile environment within our Development Team (and indeed within wider teams at Purple) and this BA position completes the puzzle perfectly.
You’ll need to be able to quickly get to grips with a requirement and then turn that understanding into actionable user stories for our Agile development teams to work with.
These could be internal roadmap projects or external custom development requirements and you’ll need to be comfortable dealing with (sometimes demanding!) stakeholders.
You’ll need to be completely familiar and experienced with Agile as a development methodology and have a good understanding of JIRA as an Agile management platform.
You’ll report directly into our Software Development Manager who manages workflow and sprint planning for all our Agile development teams.
Writing in-depth user stories with the necessary acceptance criteria, and keeping the project backlog(s) topped-up with high quality detailed tickets. Prepare and include wireframe and mock ups to support the workflow and specify the acceptance criteria visually.
We want you to question the user stories and think in small detail – defined and technical enough to deliver what’s needed yet open enough to allow for autonomy for our developers to create the best solution.
Our current challenges? With multiple project priorities, it is ambiguous at best with the initial detail available. We need the capability to drive down the high-level needs and wants to manageable product deliverables for multiple sprint development teams. When a Sprint comes to a close, we need to ensure the next piece of work is lined up and ready for our Dev teams so as to keep momentum. We’re keen to ensure our Dev teams are focused purely on the Dev stuff. And do facilitate that we want refined user stories
The ideal candidate
- Understands and embraces Agile / Scrum working methodologies, must be a certified scrum master (Scrum Alliance CSM)
- At least 5 years of experience handling multiple sprint team backlogs. Being comfortable with ambiguity and capable of driving it down to actionable user stories
- Understand how to analyse as-is and to-be models and perform gap analysis
- Experienced using process modelling and wireframing tools such as Lucidchart
- At least 5 years of experience working with senior-level stakeholders and managers
- At least 5 years of experience in creating user stories and acceptance criteria
- Experienced with Agile Tool, JIRA
- From a Dev/Tech background